1. “Frequently asked questions.”
A specialty pharmacy provides high-touch medication therapy for patients with complex disease states. Specialty medications range from oral, to cutting-edge injectables and biologic products. Sometimes these medications have side effects that require special monitoring. Michael’s Pharmacy provides these medications while exhibiting exceptional medical support and customer service to you and your caregiver
Please call us if you have any questions about your order status, copay amounts claim submissions, and benefit coverage. We can be reached at (626) 204-7420. If you experience any side effect with your medication, please contact your prescribing physician or a pharmacist. We may also be reached through the internet at http://michaels-pharmacy.com/
We will call to schedule your delivery 6 to 10 days before your next refill. During this call, one of our pharmacy representatives will make sure that the dose has not changed, the therapy is still effective, and that you are not experiencing any unbearable side effects.
Your prescriber must send a valid prescription to our pharmacy by their preferred means. When a valid prescription is on file, you may call us to place your order and set up shipping.
Your doctor can e-scribe or fax a new prescription to us.
Your prescription may be filled with a generic equivalent. Please contact a pharmacist with any questions or concerns.
A pharmacy staff member at Michael’s Pharmacy will reach out to you if we are unable to fill a request. We will offer suggestions and guidance on where the medication may be available.
Our standard processing time at Michael’s Pharmacy is less than 24 hours. Before the prescription can be filled, the pharmacy team may need to obtain prior authorization information from the insurance company or co-payment assistance from the manufacturer. Both issues may result in a delay.
A representative will immediately let you know if there are any delays, and will work with your physician to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
Medications are sent via UPS. Priority overnight is available or required for certain medications
Some medications may require a signature for delivery. A Michael’s Pharmacy staff member coordinates a convenient delivery time with you so that you may receive your medications.
We have pharmacists, as well as pharmacy staff members who may be reached at (626) 204-7420 Monday through Friday from 9 PM to 6 PM. We also have a pharmacist available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-844-363—6097.
2. For advocacy support, customers can reach our organization from 9 AM to 6 PM at (626) 204-7420. Our Toll-Free Number is (844)363-6097.
3. List of specialty medications that we will supply: Humira, Remicade, Rituxan, Enbrel, Avastin, Herceptin, Neulasta, Avonex, Opdivo, Copaxone, Folotyn, Demser, Gleevec, Revlimid, and Tecfidera
4. Information on refill process (We will call the patient 6 to 10 days before refilling to schedule the delivery.)
5. Specific directions on how to correctly place an order online.
6. Ability to track medications online, and the ability for the patient to review this online, or through text
7. Our organization will only substitute medications at the discretion of the patient’s physician.
8. Our website will include a link that will lead to a document containing the customer’s rights and responsibilities. (Still developing this document) 9. A link to http://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/types/rheumatoid-arthritis/ and a link to https://www.cancer.org/. Also, provide a link to https://www.nationalmssociety.org/What-is-MS and https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/cfaq.htm. This will provide patient information about rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, multiple sclerosis, and hepatitis C. 10. A link to https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm101653.htm. This is to provide instructions on how to safely dispose of drugs
11. For you experience an adverse reaction to your medication, please contact Michael’s Pharmacy at (626) 204-7420.
Please also add a link titled Patient Rights and Responsibilities, and place the following information
Participating Patient Rights
(1) Each patient has the right to considerate care, and to be treated with respect
(2) Each patient has the right to know about the philosophy and characteristics of our pharmacy
(3) Each patient has the right to have his or her personal health information shared in accordance with state and federal law
(4) Each patient has the right to identify the right to identify the program’s staff members, including their job title, and to speak with a staff member’s supervisor if requested
(5) Patients have the right to speak to a health professional
(6) Each patient has the right to receive information about their patient care
(7) Every patient has the right to receive administrative information regarding changes in, or termination of, the patient care
(8) Each patient has the right to decline participation, revoke consent, or disenroll from the pharmacy at any point in time
(9) Each patient has a right to counseling from the pharmacist so that he or she can obtain understanding of his or her medication
(10)Each patient has the right to receive the appropriate care without discrimination to age, sex, race, or religion
(11) Each patient has the right to speak to a pharmacist at his or her request
(12)Each patient has the right to express complaints or grievances regarding treatment or care without concern of reprisal
Participating Patient Responsibilities
(13)Each patient has the responsibility to submit any forms that are necessary to participate in the mail service program, to the extent required by law
(14)Each patient has the responsibility to give accurate and complete clinical information and to notify the pharmacy of changes in this information
(15) Each patient has the responsibility to notify their treating provider of their participation in the in the mail service program, if applicable.
(16) Each patient has the responsibility to inform both the pharmacy and provider of any side effect and/ or complications
(17)Each patient has the responsibility to agree to the scheduling of delivery of services and to report any cancellation of delivery services
FDA/Unused Medicines Page
Link to FDA page https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm101653.htm